- Elefteriadou, L., Leonard, B., Du, L., Ma, W., Liu, J., Zhang, K., Ma, J., Song, Z., Li X., Erdogan, S. Book Chapter: “Enabling Transportation Networks with Automated Vehicles: From Individual Vehicle Motion Control to Networked Fleet Management”. Meyer, G., and Beiker, S. “Road Vehicle Automation 7, Lecture Notes in Mobility”, Springer, August 2020 DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-52840-9.
- Elefteriadou, L. Book Chapter: “Cyber Physical Systems in Transportation: Traffic Management With Connected and Autonomous Vehicles”. Chimay J. Anumba and Nazila Roofigari-Esfahan (Eds): Cyber-Physical Systems in the Built Environment, Springer, July 2020, DOI:10.1007/978-3-41560-0.
Journals or Juried Conference Papers
- Emami, P., Pardalos, P.M., Elefteriadou, L., Ranka. S. 2020. Machine Learning Methods for Data Association in Multi-Object Tracking. ACM Comput. Surv. 53, 4, Article 69 DOI:10.1145/3394659.
- Omidvar, A., Elefteriadou, L., Pourmehrab, M., Letter, C., 2020. Optimizing Freeway Merge Operations under Conventional and Automated Vehicle Traffic. Journal of Transportation Engineering Part A Systems. DOI:10.1061/jtepbs.0000369.
- Pourmehrab, M., Elefteriadou, L., Ranka, S. Real-time Intersection Optimization for Signal Phasing, Timing, and Automated Vehicles' Trajectories, 2020. arXiv:2007.03763v1 [eess.SP].
- Pourmehrab, M., Elefteriadou, L., Ranka, S., Martin-Gasulla, M., 2020. Optimizing Signalized Intersections Performance Under Conventional and Automated Vehicles Traffic. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. DOI:10.1109/tits.2019.2921025.
- Pourmehrab, M., Emami, P., Martin-Gasulla M, Wilson, J., Elefteriadou, L., and Ranka, S., 2020. Signalized Intersection Performance with Automated and Conventional Vehicles: A Comparative Study. Journal of Transportation Engineering Part A Systems. DOI:10.1061/JTEPBS.0000409.
- Martin-Gasulla, M., Elefteriadou, L., 2019. Single-Lane Roundabout Manager under Fully Automated Vehicle Environment. Transportation Research Record Journal of the Transportation Research Board. DOI:10.1177/0361198119843087.
- Li, Z., Pourmehrab, M., Elefteriadou, L., Ranka, S., 2018. Intersection Control Optimization for Automated Vehicles Using Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Transportation Engineering Part A Systems. DOI:10.1061/jtepbs.0000197.
- Omidvar, A., Pourmehrab, M., Emami, P., Kiriazes, R., Esposito, J.C., Letter, C., Elefteriadou, L., Crane, C.D., Ranka, S., 2018. Deployment and Testing of Optimized Autonomous and Connected Vehicle Trajectories at a Closed-Course Signalized Intersection. Transportation Research Record Journal of the Transportation Research Board. DOI:10.1177/0361198118782798.
- Emami, P., Pourmehrab, M., Martin-Gasulla, M., Ranka, S., Elefteriadou, L., 2018. A Comparison of Intelligent Signalized Intersection Controllers Under Mixed Traffic. DOI:10.1109/itsc.2018.8569939.
- Emami, P., Pardalos P. M., Elefteriadou, L., and Ranka, S, 2018. Machine Learning Methods for Solving Assignment Problems in Multi-Target Tracking. arXiv:1802.06897v1 [cs.CV] .
- Letter C., Elefteriadou L., 2017. Efficient control of fully automated connected vehicles at freeway merge segments. Transp. Res. Part C Emerging Technologies. 80, 190–205. DOI: 10.1016/j.trc.2017.04.015
- Li Z., Elefteriadou L., Ranka S., 2014. Signal Control Optimization for Automated Vehicles at Isolated Signalized Intersections. Transp. Res. Part C Emerging Technologies. 49, 1–18. DOI: 10.1016/j.trc.2014.10.001
Other papers and other conferences
- Autonomous Vehicles, Traffic and Humans, Workshop on Autonomous Cars: Science, Technology, and Policy, The Brookings Institution (in collaboration with the UFTI and the Texas A&M Innovation Research Center), July 24, 2019, Washington DC.
- Signal Control Optimization with Autonomous and Connected Vehicles: Implementation Issues and the I-STREET Testbed, AVS, Orlando, FL, July 15, 2019.
- Traffic Signal Control with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles in the Traffic Stream, WTS Conference, Boston, MA, May 16, 2019.
- Optimizing Traffic Signal Control with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles in the Traffic Stream, Invited Seminar, University of Michigan, April 4, 2019.
- Integrating Research and Technology Transfer: Examples from the UFTI, presented at the Transportation Research Board Meeting, Washington DC, TRB Session 1509, January 15, 2019.
- Moving from Research & Development to Field Deployment: Florida’s Connected and Automated Vehicle Program and I-STREET, presented at the Transportation Research Board Meeting, Washington DC, TRB Session 1781, January 16, 2019.
- Smart intersection control algorithms for automated vehicles. Presented at the tenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 1-6). IEEE. 2017.
- Tracking Vehicles Equipped with Dedicated Short-Range Communication at Traffic Intersections. Seventh ACM International Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications (DIVANet’17).
Technologies or Techniques
- Android app (beta) to communicate speed recommendation to drivers.
- Installation of a multi-sensor suite at an intersection in Gainesville.
Thesis and Dissertation
- Optimizing Signalized Intersections Performance Under Conventional and Automated Vehicles Traffic, by Pourmehrab M., 2019.
- Optimizing Freeway Merge Operations under Conventional and Automated Vehicle Traffic by Omidvar A., 2019.
- An Application of DSRC Between Connected Vehicles and Intelligent Transportation Systems, MS Thesis, by John Esposito, May 2017.
Education and Outreach Material
- Video to promote the project for K-12 audience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7n4YAIkwg
- Documentation: https://github.com/UF-Transportation-Institute/RIO/wiki